To: Adventurous yogis everywhere who want more from their practice
From: Marni Kravitz (Founder, Yoga Nepal)
If you’re like me, you love yoga and you love adventure. Yoga makes you feel lighter... happier... stronger. It keeps your mind fresh and clear. Your practice is a challenge and a joy, and at the same time, you want to go deeper. Sound familiar? If so, then book a ticket to Kathmandu and join Yoga Nepal for pilgrimage and practice in the Kathmandu Valley. This special valley, tucked away in the Himalayan foothills, has long been a 'power place' for pilgrims and seekers from India, Nepal, Tibet, and around the world. Hinduism and Buddhism converge here, and the valley is full of awe-inspiring monuments to the sacred. Join Yoga Nepal for a journey of the heart and mind as we explore the living Buddhist pilgrimage sites of Kathmandu and beyond. All you have to do is get yourself here; Yoga Nepal will be at the airport to pick you up and sort out all of the details for the adventure of a lifetime!
Here’s why you’ll love Yoga Nepal:
- See your world from a whole new perspective
- Integrate meditation into your practice and into your life
- Re-energize the body, open the heart and settle the mind
- Re-connect with yourself, with others and with nature
- Draw inspiration from the wisdom of ancient, living traditions
- Be part of a community of like-minded yogis
Video: A Sneak Peak at the Places You'll Go with Yoga Nepal!
(I recommend hitting the full screen button!)
Why I Created Yoga Nepal
I've been traveling to Nepal since 1999, and I keep coming back. It was easy to fall in love with its friendly people, the picturesque villages, and even the dusty, colorful chaos of Kathmandu. From 2004 - 2006, I studied Buddhist philosophy and Tibetan language at Ka-Nying Shedrup Ling Monastery, in Boudhanath. Living in the heart of some of Nepal's most powerful pilgrimage sites, studying the dharma, and immersing myself in a culture that sees the divine in everything changed the way I saw the world. When I returned to the home, my asana practice intensified too, and I began to integrate Buddhist meditation techniques into my daily routine. Asana and pranayama created the space for stillness of mind, and meditation made the work on the mat even more fluid and effortless. This is why I come back to Nepal again and again -- to connect with the source of that energy, to remain inspired. And this is what I want you to experience too.
Here's what you'll experience on this retreat:
- Daily yoga and meditation practices with experienced instructors.
- Exploration of the interconnection of mind, movement and breath.
- The art of feeling grounded in every pose, both physically and mentally.
- A chance to strengthen your meditation experience.
- Unforgettable, powerfully charged sacred sites, temples, and monasteries.
- Teachings from Tibetan Buddhist scholars, and the time and space to contemplate the foundations of Buddhist philosophy
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO:
Here's 3 minutes from our 2010 program. (A new one on the way soon :)) In the meantime, press play!
AND join us for our Fall 2017 retreat!
Are you ready for something extraordinary?
Ready to take off on the journey of a lifetime? Have you known for a long time that you need to do a trip like this? Exploring your own true nature in the spiritual heart of Nepal isn't some far away, exotic dream. It's real, it's possible, and it's happening soon! If you're a yogi and an adventure seeker, this is the yoga retreat you've been waiting for. Only now it’s time to stop waiting. Sign up today! We look forward to meeting you in Kathmandu.
P.S. Have questions? I know making a trip like this is a big decision, so if you’d like to have a one-on-one chat with me, call me at +1-202-642-YOGA, or send me an email at info [at] yoganepal [dot] com, and we'll set up a time to talk. My door is open.